1.2 Services carried out by QCsolution, on behalf of an entity or individual from whom the instructions to act have originated ( hereinafter called the "Principal") will be carried out by using techniques and processes that permit an independent, impartial and objective approach. The end result of the Service will consist in a certificate or document (hereinafter called the "Report") communicating the collection of information QCsolution has been requested to supply and will be delivered as an online report.
1.3 No other party than the Principal shall be entitled to give instructions to QCsolution, particularly on the scope of inspection or delivery of Report, unless so authorised by the Principal.
2. Provision of services
2.1 AI in the capacity of an independent third party, supplies information in the form of ascertainment or recommendations for the special purpose of contributing to the prevention of the risks to which the beneficiaries of its services are exposed, and of helping them assure the quality of their products. AI's services (hereinafter called the "Services") consist of work performed by AI, including but not limited to:
- Pre-shipment Inspection
- During Production Inspection
- Initial Production Check
- Container Loading Check
- Production Monitoring
- Factory Credit Audit
- Extensive Factory Audit
- Social Compliance Audit
3. QCsolution's obligations and undertakings
3.1 QCsolution expressly reserves the right to act at its own discretion in accepting or declining a request for service, and cannot be compelled to accept or be held liable for declining a request for services or for products:
- Falling out of its scope of activity or specialisation.
- Presenting geographical accessibility problems, such as services to be rendered or products to be found in restricted or highly remote areas.
- Requiring QCsolution to obtain special permissions to operate such as governmental permissions.
3.2 QCsolution undertakes to supply the Services it has accepted to carry out in a professional and timely manner, in accordance with proper professional practice and in compliance with:
- The Principal's special instructions when ordering the Service and as confirmed by QCsolution.
- Any relevant professional standard, trade custom, usage or practice.
- Such methods as QCsolution shall consider appropriate on technical, operational and/or financial grounds.
3.3 QCsolution shall exercise due care and skill in the selection and assignment of its personnel.
4. Principal's obligations and undertakings
4.1 To take all reasonable steps to assure QCsolution has access to the site and materials on which Service will be based.
4.2 To provide QCsolution with all information and samples, as well as the documents necessary to complete requested Service, in a timely manner (and in any event not later than 48 hours prior to the desired intervention),except for generally available documents such as codes and standards, either directly or through suppliers or agents of the Principal.
4.3 To insure that adequate instructions and notice are given to QCsolution in due time to facilitate proper performance for the Service requested.
4.4 To advise QCsolution of the date on which the Services are to commence, or to be resumed, and also of essential dates affecting the item(s) for which Services are being rendered.
4.5 Generally to render all reasonable assistance to QCsolution in providing necessary instructions, information, documents, safety and security information in connection with the working conditions, required equipment and access (as the case may be).
4.6 Documents reflecting engagements between the Principal and third parties or third parties' documents - if received by QCsolution - are considered to be for information only and do not extend or restrict the scope of the services or obligations accepted by QCsolution.
5. Invoicing, fees and payment
5.1 Payment is expected online upon booking prior to the performance of the Service. Or if Principal have monthly payment contract with QCsolution, the Principal can pay the bill monthly by bank transfer (T/T).
5.2 Cancellation charges : we accept cancellation until 4 pm (China Time) the day before the projected Inspection date. After this limit, the Services booked will be charged in full. QCsolution advises its clients to then re-charge this cost to their factory when the factory is proved to be mistaken.
5.3 In the event that QCsolution is being prevented from performing or completing in full requested Services, for any reason beyond its control, such as but not limited to, wrong information given by Client or Factory (e.g. goods not ready for Inspection despite information given by Factory,...), the Principal agrees to:
- 5.3.1 Reimburse any expenditure, and out of pocket expenses made or incurred in relation to this Service.
- 5.3.2 Pay proportion of fees due for Services actually rendered and to release QCsolution from all responsibility for partial or non-performance of the Services.
5.4 In the event when the Inspection must be cancelled on the projected Inspection day, because of wrong information given by Client or Factory (e.g. goods not ready for Inspection despite information given by Factory,...), the man-day will be considered spent, and QCsolution will charge full fee to Client as a 'missed Inspection' fee. QCsolution advises its clients to then re-charge this cost to their factory when the factory is proved to be mistaken.
5.5 Principal provides inspection sample(s) : If an inspection sample is provided by the Principal and shipped to an QCsolution office, and then must be re-forwarded by QCsolution to the Principal's factory, and the shipping charge exceeds $10 USD, then the shipping fee will be automatically added to the final invoice amount.
6. Liability and indemnification
6.1 Limitation of liability
- 6.1.1 QCsolution is neither an insurer nor a guarantor and disclaims such capacity. Clients seeking a guarantee against loss or damage should obtain appropriate insurance.
- 6.1.2 Subject to the Principal's instructions as accepted by QCsolution (as specified in the terms of reference), QCsolution will issue the Report relating to the facts as recorded by it within the limits of the instructions received and on the basis of the documents and information provided by the Principal (refer to #4 above), but QCsolution is under no obligation to report upon any facts or circumstances which are outside the specific scope of its assignment.
- 6.1.3 QCsolution advice is given only in relation to documents and information provided by the Principal, and QCsolution cannot be held liable if it has received incomplete or erroneous information.
- 6.1.4 In the event of false information being given to QCsolution by a third party, QCsolution accepts no liability.
- 6.1.5 QCsolution undertakes to use its best efforts and to exercise due care and skill in the performance of its Services, and accepts liability only in case of negligence proven by the Principal.
- 6.1.6 QCsolution does not repack goods following an inspection; this should be performed by the supplier. Should the client request QCsolution repackage the goods, QCsolution is not liable for any possible damages or losses incurred related to the repacking process.
- 6.1.7 Subject to a building structural audit order being placed by the Principal, QCsolution will conduct a visual audit of the property’s appearance and will prepare a descriptive report. QCsolution shall take no responsibility in the case of damage or loss of assets, injury or death arising from problems with the property construction, the materials or with the equipment and how it is operated.
- 6.2.1 In the event of QCsolution being held liable in respect to any claim of loss, damage or expense of whatsoever nature and however arising, its liability to the Principal shall in no circumstances exceed five times the total aggregate sum of fees paid for the specific single service for which a claim is made if no approved reference sample was provided by the Principal, and ten times if an approved reference sample was provided and available for the inspector at the factory on the day of inspection, or an approved QCsolution office two days prior to the scheduled inspection date subject to the inspection having been performed to an AQL minimum general inspection level II per product reference.
- 6.2.2 In addition, in case of the Service of pre-shipment inspections :
- Where less than 100% of the production is complete, our responsibility will only extend to those items completed at the time of inspection.
- The Report does not evidence shipment.
- 6.2.3 The Principal shall guarantee and indemnify QCsolution and its servants, agents or subcontractors against all claims made by third parties for loss, damage or expense of nature arising, relating to the performance or non-performance of any service, to the extent that the total sum of such claims exceed the limitation of liability mentioned in Article 6.2.1.
- 6.3 In the event of any claim, notice must be given to QCsolution within seven days following discovery of the facts, or three months from the completion of the AI Service.
7. Termination of services
7.1 QCsolution shall be entitled to automatically either terminate and/or suspend provision of services in the event that:
- 7.1.1 The Principal commits any material breach of its obligations under these terms and conditions and/or the terms of reference and (if such breach shall be capable of remedy) fails to make good such breach within ten (10) days of receipt of notice served by the Non-Defaulting Party (QCsolution) requiring it so to do. Material breaches include, without limitation any willful and deliberate breach by the Principal of its obligations under clause 4 here above.
- 7.2.2 The principal is insolvent or unable to pay its debts, in suspension of payments, or convenes a meeting of or compounds with its creditors or has a receiving order made against it or (other than for the purposes of bona fide amalgamation or reconstruction) has an order made or a resolution passed for its winding up or for the appointment of an administrator to manage its affairs, business and property or has a receiver or administrative receiver appointed over any of its assets or undertaking or if QCsolution takes or suffers any similar or analogous action in consequence of debt.
8.1 The Report will reflect findings of the Service at the time and place of Service. This Report does not discharge sellers and suppliers from their legal and/or commercial obligations towards the principle.
9. Applicable and Governing law, Jurisdiction and settlement of dispute
9.1 Unless otherwise provided, these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Hong Kong Law.
9.2 All disputes or differences of any kind whatsoever between the parties in connection with or arising out of the services shall be submitted to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
These terms and conditions have been drafted in English. In case of discrepancy, the English version shall be controlling for all purposes.